Used as a topcoat, Clear Flat and Gloss provide a tough durable finish to protect your painted scenery from incidental abuse from handling, scratches ad spills. Used on a stage floor, clear acrylic Glazes protect a paint treatment from basic wear and tear, as well as providing the desired finish; flat, gloss or a mixture of the two giving the scenic artist complete control over the depth of the finished paint treatment. Clear Acrylic does not provide the same protection as a urethane finish. If you need a super hard protective finish to protect against moving scenery and excessive abuses, use Clear Color Coat.
Added to paint, Rosco Glazes will increase the adhesion and flexibility of the mixture. Rosco Glazes are compatible with all Rosco Paints, and many other water based or latex paint formulations. (Always test for compatibility with an untried combination.)
- Finish: Flat
- Solvent: Water
- Binder Type: Vinyl acrylic
- Film Thickness: 1:1 Dilution=1 mil. Dry Film
- Coverage: 1:1 Dilution= proximately 600 sq. ft. per gallon.
- Clean-up: Soap and water.
- Shelf Life: Minimum 24 months.
- Dry Time: At 75° F (24° C.) Dries to the touch in 30 minutes. Can be re-coated in 1-2 hours. Clear Acrylic Glaze has a milky appearance when wet but will dry clear. Do not use heat or forced air to accelerate dry time as clouding may occur.